Richly detailed Brick reliefRotterdam is realized new building on a large scale in the ‘Walking resort area’ New Crooswijk. Drost + van Veen architects designing along with five other architects more than 600 homes and apartments. The urban design of West 8. The plan consists of five blocks, in which a mixture of different types of housing are mixed – apartments, maisonettes and downstairs / upstairs apartments. The pandsgewijze allotment, to be completed by the architects, creating a differentiated and small overall appearance.The Drost + van Veen design is characterized by surprising use of masonry. The plinth is the unifying element, performed in standing masonry. Above the facade more varied and more three-dimensional through bay windows and staggered brickwork. Within this range, the window frames all the same size; 700 × 2100 mm. Also included is a special pattern in each of these facades, designed by pattern designer Rita Verhoeven. To make this pattern in the facade visible one specifically for this project is made bricks used two hemispheres.
- PROJECT:120 HOUSES AND APARTMENTS (RENTAL AND SALE)
- LOCATION:NEW CROOSWIJK, ROTTERDAM
- CLIENT:ONTWIKKELINGSCOMBINATIE NEW CROOSWIJK
- ARCHITECT:DROST + VAN VEEN ARCHITECTS
- GFA:APARTMENTS 80-160M2, HOUSES 148-250M2
- REALIZATION:2012, 2013, 2014
- © DROST + VAN VEEN ARCHITECTS